Saturday, September 22, 2007

9/22/07--Olympic National Forest: Lower Lena Lake

This was the second time we did this hike. All I can say is WOW! This time it didn't seem nearly as grueling. I think I had psychologically prepared myself for it to be intense. As a result, it wasn't! We didn't even stop for any breaks this time except to take pictures!

That said, one internet guide actually describe this hike as "easy". And even though we were out of shape the first time we did this trail, I still don't think it would be fair to classify this as "easy". Eh, I guess it's all relative.


Anyway, the end result is the fabulous view you can see in the pictures here. And they really don't do the scenery justice.

It took us about an hour and a half to hike to Lower Lena, and a little over an hour to get back.





















To the left here is Evan sitting in the neat rock cave/ formation thing about 3/4 of the way up the trail. He's mad because there was too much Steve Miller playing on the drive up and so he decided to go protest in this cave ;)

Look at how beautiful this is!

Directions, info and ETCETERA





i'm gonna fly like steve miller, through the trees